Alderman Oaks offers a variety of activities from exercise classes and special trips, to entertainment and dancing. There is always a variety of fun things to do if you choose, or you can sit back and read a book.
Our activity programs are broad and flexible. We have a very active resident committee which is seriously involved in determining our activity schedule. When a new resident comes to Alderman Oaks we ask them what type of activities they would like, and we then endeavor to create new activities if we don't already satisfy that interest.
We have regular entertainment provided by local volunteers because they love the interaction of our high functioning residents. We also often have professional entertainers, including a regular music appreciation program.
Some of our activities include:
- Regular walks in the Sarasota Marina area
- Site seeing drives
- Card and game times
- Reading programs
- Socials, and happy hours
- Church services
- Bible studies (spiritual reflections)
- Current event discussions
- Resident meetings and committee meetings
- Shopping trips to local malls
- Weekly trips to grocery and pharmacies
- Craft projects
- Residents help with decorating for parties
- Parties and dances using our dance floor
- Trips to professional baseball games
- Service to our community through outreach programs such as the Salvation Army
- Picnics, and special holiday meals and programs
Click on Schedule of Events to print out the Alderman Oaks Monthly Activities Calendar and review the Calendar of Special Events.
Click Here to Link
to Digital Version of City Guide
See Page 42 for
Alderman Oaks AD
Use Contact Us
to Request Your
Own City Guide
Hearing Loss Assoc. of America